Saturday, February 26, 2011

A Fashion Question--Cowboy Boot Edition

I think most people assume that in Texas, we all wear boots, at least every once in awhile. I finally got my first pair of boots at 21 years old. I know, it took me long enough, right? If I wasn't a Texan before, I am now.

Here they are, in all their glory and splendor! They are vintage Justin boots with red uppers and greenish and yellow stitching. They are so cute and comfy. But the problem is, I'm not really sure how to wear them.

I'm a Texan, but I don't consider myself "country," so I'd like to find a way to wear them that seems like me, as opposed to stocking up on pearl-snap shirts and what not. Another issue was that the boots are red. How do I wear them without wearing plain white or matchy red? Can they be more versatile than that?

I went on Polyvore tonight to make a bunch of outfits up. What do you guys think?















I think if I get a few good accessories --a blingy belt (who can resist that bling?), some turquoise and somewhat western jewelry (Lucky Brand seems to do this well without being cheesy), it seems I can get away with quite a bit with the red boots I at first thought were restrictive. Any thoughts or input? Favorites from what I put together? How do you wear your cowboy boots?

1 comment:

  1. I think you're on the right track! I don't own any boots like that, I'm sure they would sit in my closet while I try to come up with an outfit as well! ha

    ReplyDelete