Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Deck the Halls!

Okay, okay. So I promised I would post my Christmas decoration pictures and I've put it off repeatedly. For the life of me, I've tried so hard to take good pictures around here, but the natural light through the windows is just not enough for my digital camera. It looks a lot better here in person, but without further ado, I show you my Christmas decorations!


My peacock Christmas tree! Last year I got the tree skirt and blue mesh at Hobby Lobby. This year I added the green ribbon and the feather sprays next to the tree topper. Here are some of my favorite ornaments...





Then there's my mantle....



Sparkling ornaments in apothecary jars....


Glittering candlesticks....

And my stocking that match the tree skirt...


And this year I tried something out in the little display nook in the foyer. I put some stems from Hobby Lobby that had feathers, pine branches, and other glittery things with some gold beaded ting in a vase of faux snow...

And that's about it this year. I made an ornament wreath, but it didn't turn out so well. I think it's because I used a bunch of different sizes and it made arranging them really complicated. I am still contemplating dismantling it, but we'll see!

Linked up to Funky Junk Interiors, Nesting Place, and Thrifty Decor Chick's Christmas posts.

6 comments:

  1. I was watching a 'taped' episode of Martha Stewart this AM and she used peacock feather in Christmas decor - you're a trend setter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the rich colors you used. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colors are stunning! Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how pretty this is - you must be so bummed about taking it down :(

    ReplyDelete