Thursday, October 7, 2010

Halloween is in the House!

It literally is in my house (she says in her best Rachel Zoe voice).



It's the first time I've decorated my mantle for something besides Christmas and I love it! I probably went a tad overboard but I tend to not show restraint when it comes to seasonal decor and since the mantle is the only place my dog and cats can't get to, I went all out. **giggles**

The best part was, I already owned close to everything I used on the mantle so it wasn't an expensive project.

I got the sparkly leaves on clearance at WalMart last year and the pine cones from Target's Dollar Spot this year.


I had the frame from TJ Maxx and the Halloween pin-up by Gil Elvgren was from an old calendar.


I made a few potion bottles too! Empty containers of salsa, trail mix, and liquor never looked so cute.

You can't see them, but the Petrified Butterflies jar has little feather butterflies in it.

The peacock feathered butterflies were a old purchase from Pier 1 and the big purple witch hat on the end was from an old costume (but I couldn't get a good photo of the hat).
It was really fun to do!

Credit given where credit is due: The print out labels I used for the potion jars are from Love Manor. You will find so many great Halloween ideas there and they have a ton of labels posted on Flickr for free! I also used A Fanciful Twist's art and decor as inspiration, her potion post in particular. Check them out!

Linked up to:
Finding Fabulous' Frugalicious Friday Party
Just A Girl's Show and Share Day
 
 
All Thingz Related  

14 comments:

  1. You are too freakin' cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun!!!

    Great job doll!

    Luvs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by and your sweet comment :)

    Love your decorations!!

    Meaghan@unexpectedgrace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - so many marvelous things going on here! I especially love the little framed pin-up. So clever!

    Thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Here from Funky Junk party! I love the halloween pin up photo! So cool! Your mantle looks great!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, stopping by from SNS at Funky Junk Interiors. Your mantel is so fun. Love all the unique little touches. I'm sure guests would have fun reading those labels.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks GREAT! Thanks for linking up with Anything Related! ~Bridgette

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your mantle is so fun! I just loved that pin-up witch from the good ol' days when the best bodies had a little meat on their bones!! So glad you shared your ideas! I'm your newest follower!
    smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your witchy pin up girl is too cute. Great mantel...love all the layers of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the vintage pin up girl and the petrified butterflies bottle is too cute! I'm so glad you linked up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your mantle looks great! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is spooky! Loving the bottles and jars you used to decorate. Enjoy a beautiful day, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful job, Livvy! Was that my old witch's hat?

    ReplyDelete