If you know anything about me, you know traditional is not really my thing. Don't get me wrong; Green and red can be beautifully done, but these blue and purple jewel tones just make my heart flutter!
I filled my favorite accessory--the apothecary jars-- to the brim with snow, ornaments, and pine cones. I like all the different textures together. Rough and natural, smooth and shiny, light and sparkly...
This year I added the feathery garland (originally used around my wedding cake stand) and sprinkled it with fake snow.
I also scattered these blue glass ornaments for some sparkle.
I'm pleasantly surprised to see that I'm getting better at this whole mantle decorating thing. Below I'm showing you the difference between last year's mantle and this year's. I've learned that the apothecaries look best* packed from top to bottom, side to side, without much empty space left. And the shelf itself looks more luxurious when layered with fabric, feathers or foliage, as opposed to empty.
And I didn't spend a dime on it! Off to see what else I can throw feathers and glitter on! (I'd be a drag queen's best friend!)
*- at least in my opinion!
Linked up to:



Love the feathers! So fun! I think the jars filled with snow, pinecones & shiny balls are my favorite!
ReplyDeleteCarolynn :)
Love all the feathers!!!
ReplyDeleteand those jars filled with snow are beautiful!