She talks about how we all drool over designer rooms in home decor magazines and yearn for that perfection but perfection and the concept of home doesn't really match up.
Home is where you put on your PJs even though it is only 6:00. Home is where your dog's stuffed animals are ripped limb from limb and their stuffing litters the carpet. Home is where there is always a dish in the sink and a Sonic cup on the bar. Not quite the pristine, sparkling scene that ends up in magazines. But it is home. Warm and cozy. And an ENDLESS MESS. :o) Are there any kindred perfectionist spirits out there who have as hard a time as I sometimes do accepting that?
Home is for moments like this:

Olivia- I totally agree.
ReplyDeleteWe live in our house... thus, it is definitely a home! :)
Cute pics. LOL
~Amy
I read that post today too and I totally agree!
ReplyDeleteI couldn't agree more! I really enjoy decorating, but the decorated part of my house is not what I'm missing when I'm not here. It's all the other things that truly make it home. Hope you have a good weekend.
ReplyDeleteHey Girl! I agree with you... We house is our home... and I am only comfortable to sleep at night if everything is put back in its' place... Like why I have to make the bed even if I am about to get in it...
ReplyDeleteTotally right! Love the pics of josh and Millie!
ReplyDeleteI think that IS why we love looking at photos and magazines - it's so different from what our experience is that it feels like an escape from reality. A different life. And, quite frankly, who doesn't yearn for a different life once in a while?
ReplyDelete(okay, maybe only me??)
The down side is that sometimes you brainwash yourself into thinking that people somewhere really DO live like that and then you start wondering "why can't my house look like that? I must be doing something wrong."
Love this...off to read that post...
It's true. I think a home is what you make it and want it to be. Mine is all about family / friends and relaxation. Nothing too precious.
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh those pics are too cute! And I agree with your about what makes a house a home! Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
ReplyDeleteKat :)