I won't even show you the guest room right now. The bed has junk all over it, there are comic book boxes all over and a hodge podge of furniture. All the sudden a fire has been lit under my tail because I found out Josh's brother and his wife (the lovely Lauren) are coming to visit us so the boys can watch March Madness together. I have to do something to get this room into shape!
I have this Pier 1 bedding from when I lived in my apartment that I still love and it fits the bed in the room, so I want to use that as a starting point. I think I will take the semi-coastal vibe from the bathroom and lead it into this room as well.I have to do this on the CHEAP though. I still have not found a job after graduation and I don't want to make Josh foot the bill. The little list-maker in me is going to work. Things I need before our guests arrive:
- Headboard
- Nightstands
- Lamps
- Dresser
- Wall paint
- Curtains
- Accessories
It has an overall coastal vibe, but still has funky touches like an unexpected color choice, a floral pillow, and animal print throw.If anyone has extremely thrifty ideas on how to quickly transform a room, I'm listening!
P.S. With that bedding I showed above, what paint color would you choose? I don't want it to be too matchy, and this striping (at least as a focal point for one wall) is what I am thinking so far.
The Lettered Cottage* Edit (1/28/10)- Never mind on the stripes. They are beautiful but I remember that I'm not a big fan of pastels. I change my mind every five seconds anyway. :o)
I think we should paint the room "poop" brown.
ReplyDeleteI love your inspiration pics! Can't wait to see the finished room. Thanks for visiting over on my blog. I left a response to your question about the shelves!
ReplyDelete- e
I think I will disregard Josh's comment since he just wanted an excuse to write "poop" on my blog.
ReplyDeleteP.S. I will paint you poop brown, Josh.
First of all if you dont get all this done by the time we come I will turn around and go stay in a hotel.... JK!!! I am glad I lit a little fire underneath you:) I like that gold color in the bedspread, that might be a good wall color? Not poop brown, but brown would go good with that blue!
ReplyDeletejust saying...i've done the stripes before. soooooo time consuming & it will make your eyes go crossed with all the detail work. BUT loved it when it was all done.
ReplyDeletegood inspiration photos.
have a fun time with your guests!