Thursday, October 8, 2009

Halloween Door Decoration

I made an attempt at my own Halloween door decoration. I don't know if I like it though. **grumblegrumblegrumble** I've been in some kind of funk lately. Normally, I can't get enough of myself and the wondrous things I do, but lately I've felt yucky. Anyway, enough of my baggage! Here it is:

I took a Dollar Tree broom decoration and spray painted it glossy black. My finger hurt BAD afterward. :o(

Then I took my mix of Halloween decorations. Most of it was Dollar Tree, but the ribbon was from Hobby Lobby. By the way, only buy from Hobby Lobby when it's 50% off. It gets expensive! Most of this stuff was cheap looking orange and gross so I painted everything metallic since I was so in love with the guilded pumpkin look.





My hot glue gun is hiding in my disaster area of a room, so everything was either floral wired or craft glued on. This is the product:







Did you notice my little peacock feather? I guess I just can't make anything without one! I like how spindly and creepy it looked after I painted it silver.



I was hoping to accomplish a slightly spooky look. Not anything campy like googly-eyed spiders and jack-o-lanterns, but not anything really morbid or bloody either. How did I do?



That entry could seriously use some fake spiderwebbage. And the door is begging me to painted...

5 comments:

  1. I love it!
    If I were to actually put time, money, or energy into decorating, Halloween would make me go nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww I really like it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job! That's really neat. Makes me want to get Halloween crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooo clever! Love the metalic touch. I think some spider webs would really pull it together. Are you going to paint your door? That would be fun, what color? Something bright?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys! Lauren- I have no immediate plans to paint the door, but for some reason bright royal blue is popping up in my mind. Royal blue with oil rubbed bronze hardware. **dreamy sigh**

    ReplyDelete