Sunday, October 25, 2009

A Success at Last

As I told you earlier, the bat project I set out to do was kind of a catastrophe. (See my bright idea here, and my subsequent epic fail here.) But I worked out a Plan B and ta-dah! The bats aren't going anywhere!


All I did was make a big stitch with black thread in the middle of the bats, sewing the duck tape to the bat. And just so I didn't have to knot the thread on each bat, I just taped the ends of the thread together. Yay!



I also got a few yard of gauze to hang up in the entryway. It was really easy to rip holes in and tatter. I'd love to have more next year to drape over bushes and trees.


Oh, the gauze was also fun to play in. :o) Am I cute, or am I cute? You like it.


Today, I added my last Halloween touch for the year, the scaredy-cat:


Hmm... a mosaic would really add some "oomph" to the front porch. All in good time...


It's not a lot, but pretty good and budget-friendly for our first Halloween here. Only a few days till Halloween! What are YOU going to dress up as?

I linked this post of to A Soft Place to Land's DIY day and at Posh Pieces. Check it out!

DIY Day @ ASPTL

10 comments:

  1. The bats look great. I love the cat too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay quick thinking. Can I just tell you how hard Luke laughed at that pic of you in the gauze. Really hard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure are sexy in gauze. *creepy winks*

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks cute! And it makes an impact, even though you didn't go all fancy-schmancy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bats on the garage are amazing! I bet that was a big project! Thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too did the bat project for my front door. I do have a sheltered entry so didn't think I would have a problem with the bats flying away. I like your idea of sewing the duct tape onto the bats because frankly, I found that duct tape doesn't stick that well to the stiffened felt. For weeks, I have been picking up fallen bats off my porch and sticking them back up again. I wonder if anyone else who has done this project had the same problem. Btw, I love how it looks on your garage.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the gauze pic! Crack me up :o)Everything looks awesome to me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a neat effect simple silouettes make! Those bats are really cool! I'm so doing that next year.

    Simple yet very effective! Thanks for linking up to SNS #3. :)

    http://funkyjunkinteriors.blogspot.com/2009/10/saturday-nite-special-3-anything-goes.html

    Funky Junk Donna

    ReplyDelete