I don't know what spurred it, but as I was watching Millie play outside through the window I thought, how cute would our back fences look painted white? I know, I know, I said I wasn't a fan of white, but how "American Dream" and picturesque is bright white fence? White fences also remind me of how much I used to watch this cartoon video of The Adventures of Tom Sawyer.
I picture vines crawling up the fence, hanging baskets of flowers every few feet and party lights strung across it.
Green grass would look so lush next to it. We should go Brady Bunch on neighborhood and get Astroturf. Don't think I wouldn't do it!
I don't know when this project will begin, but the weather is perfect for it. Maybe I will buy myself fence paint as a reward for finishing a paper for school that I've needed to complete for - um- months now. I think I might be able to score some cheap outdoor paint from the Goodwill ReStore. Here is a look at our backyard in its current state:
Is this a white trash seating area? Or a Millie-Mudpit blockade? Hmmm...
The extent of our lawn decor. Hello David!
I have some big ideas for this space. Of course I would like a deck or patio with a dining area and a living area. I'd like to have four posts up around one of those areas to hang a fabric canopy from to make it more intimate and enclosed.
I LOVE how window boxes and shutters look. These are a must!
And I'd like to find some random flea-market type decor for flowerbeds, like using an antique headboard or wire dress form as a trellis. I love how this furniture-turned-planter looks like an art installation:
I love this one. It looks almost enchanted, like it came out of a fairy tale:
And who would have thought of taking an out of commission piano and creating a waterfall?!
I know these ideas are not suitable for everyone's likings and I do tend to gravitate towards all things tacky (I prefer "unconventional") but brace yourself my friend. You haven't seen tacky till you have seen these:

P.S. I added this blog to Hooked on Fridays! See what everyone else is hooked on!









Why is that bra of flowers really cute? LOL
ReplyDeleteI never spend time in my backyard. I'd fill it with sand if I could. But yours is HUGE and deserves a big project :o)
I forgot what my backyard looks like. WTF I FORGOT I HAD A BACKYARD.
ReplyDelete>_> I want a bra of flowers though.
hahaha I love the flowered bra! TACKY. I think your backyard has a lot or potential. I never thought of painting my fence white but with your pretty grass that would be gorgeous and way to set it apart and make it interesting. I would do it if I were you. Love the unconventional flower beds. Great ideas.
ReplyDelete